I grew up skiing in the Colorado Rockies, and it wasn’t until two years ago that I had the pleasure of first visiting Park City and the small mountain town just an hour east of Salt Lake City has quickly become one of my favorite winter destinations. Park City was put on the map in the early 80s when Robert Redford’s launched an incubator film festival for small, independent films, which has now grown into the Sundance Film Festival. It was then put on another world stage when it hosted the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. For such a quaint ski town, its reputation definitely proceeds it. I’ve only ventured to Park City in the winter, but I can’t wait to see the city in the summer as well!
For such a small town, the food in Park City really shines. There are countless cuisine options for dining as well as bars and pubs on Main Street. Here are some of my favorite coffee shops and menswear boutiques as well as where I’d stay while visiting!
Eat & Drink:
- Riverhorse on Main – One of the top-rated restaurants in the city, this upscale steakhouse
- High West Distillery
- Harvest – For a healthy and quick lunch, this cute spot has some great food (and some pretty Instagram-able situations)
- Five5eeds – This Aussie-inspired coffee and breakfast spot is a must.
- RiverHouse Provisions
- Campos Coffee – This Aussie-inspired (seeing a trend?!) coffee shop is right at the base of Park City Mountain and the perfect place to fuel up before hitting the slopes.
- Java Cow Coffee & Ice Cream
- Handle – this is a must-hit for dinner! Great cocktails and some of the best (gourmet.) fried chicken.
- Pink Elephant Coffee Roasters – you have to go through Prospect and you’ll find this cute little coffee shop on the second floor.
- Coal & Lumber – In the Main & Sky Hotel, this restaurant serves a tasty and seasonal menu. I recommend at least grabbing a drink downstairs in their cozy bar with a fireplace.
- Monroe Menswear
- No Name Saloon – Great rooftop on Main Street
- Montage Deer Valley – Just 10 minutes from Downtown Park City, The Montage is a luxurious ski-in/ski-out option on Deer Valley Mountain.
- Hotel Park City
- Main & Sky Park City – Great in-city option, well designed.
- Washington School House Hotel – Historic and boutique hotel that is just off Main street.
- Sundance Film Festival – the last week in January
- Ski or Snowboard on Park City Mountain or Deer Valley!
- Utah Olympic Park & Museum
- Spot the original Banksy wall art on some of the facades in the city
- Veuve Clicquot Yurt in Deer Valley for some Aprés Ski
Check out my ski vlog from last year!