My whole life I’ve grown up skiing in Colorado, and it wasn’t until last year I had the pleasure of skiing the notorious anti-snowboarder mountain Deer Valley. This past month, I was back in Park City and found I really have come to love the ski town. I’ve only been in the winter now, but I wanted to compile all my favorite things to see, do and eat in the city!Just an hour outside of Salt Lake City lies the little mountain town of Park City, Utah nestled in a valley surrounded by four ski mountains. Known for the Winter Olympics and Sundance Film Festival, Park City Utah has been a mountain town on the rise. Park City is a perfect winter getaway and I’ve really enjoyed the city every time I’ve been there. The drive from Salt Lake City is just over the mountain pass and is super easy.
For such a small town, the food in Park City really shines. There are countless cuisine options for dining as well as bars and pubs on Main Street. Here are some of my favorite coffee shops and menswear boutiques as well as where I’d stay while visiting!
Eat & Drink:
- Riverhorse on Main – One of the top-rated restaurants in the city, this upscale steakhouse
- High West Distillery –
- Harvest – For a healthy and quick lunch, this cute spot has some great food (and some pretty Instagram-able situations)
- Five5eeds – This Aussie-inspired coffee and breakfast spot is a must.
- RiverHouse Provisions
- Campos Coffee – This Aussie-inspired (seeing a trend?!) coffee shop is right at the base of Park City Mountain and the perfect place to fuel up before hitting the slopes.
- Java Cow Coffee & Ice Cream
- Handle – this is a must-hit for dinner! Great cocktails and some of the best (gourmet.) fried chicken.
- Pink Elephant Coffee Roasters – you have to go through Prospect and you’ll find this cute little coffee shop on the second floor.
- Coal & Lumber – In the Main & Sky Hotel, this restaurant serves a tasty and seasonal menu. I recommend at least grabbing a drink downstairs in their cozy bar with a fireplace.
- Monroe Menswear
- Montage Deer Valley – Just 10 minutes from Downtown Park City, The Montage is a luxurious ski-in/ski-out option on Deer Valley Mountain.
- Hotel Park City
- Main & Sky Park City – Great in-city option, well designed.
- Washington School House Hotel – Historic and boutique hotel that is just off Main street.
- Sundance Film Festival – typically the last week in January
- Ski or Snowboard on Park City Mountain or Deer Valley!
- Utah Olympic Park & Museum
- Spot the original Banksy wall art on some of the facades in the city
- Veuve Clicquot Yurt in Deer Valley for some Aprés Ski
Check out my ski vlog!
Photos by Wesley Taylor & myself